Send in a sample for lab testing
Ecstasy tablets (pressed tablets, not capsules with powder) can be sent to the lab with a $40 US Dollar co-pay in cash. All other samples (such as pharmaceutical products) must be sent with $140 full testing fee, all of which goes to the lab for the testing. Samples are destroyed after testing and will not be returned.
- You will need: a padded envelope, a small crush-proof container (like bubble wrap, a film canistermsmall plastic bottle) that fits inside the envelope, a piece of paper, and money for the lab fee.
- Write "EcstasyData.org" at the top of the piece of paper. This is how the lab knows that the pill is for our program.
- On the same piece of paper write the following information: The city and state where the pill was obtained; Approximate date of acquisition; What it was sold as and what you suspect it to be (if those differ); Names the pill is known by, if any (Crown, Dolphin, etc.). Make up a random 5 digit code and write it next to the name: "G Lady 31E24", make note of your code. The code is not necessary, but some people are worried about their result being confused with others.
- Determine the amount of payment: Pressed tablets sold as Ecstasy only need a $40 co-pay. All other samples, including ecstasy in capsules or any other drug, you must include $140 for the full testing fee. Payments must be in US Dollars (see the FAQ)
- Money orders can be used for anonymous payment and should be made out to "DDL"
- Personal checks are NOT accepted by the lab.
- Wrap the payment (US currency or money order ONLY) in this paper and put it in the padded envelope.
- Place the whole sample in the crush-proof container. Insert cotton, tissue, or bubble wrap into the container to prevent the sample from shaking around and breaking during mailing.
- For powders: The simplest option is to place the powder in a capsule. Please include at least 20mg of material to make it easier for the lab technicians to handle. It can also be placed in a small plastic bag.
- International Submissions: See the FAQ. If required to fill out a customs form, indicate "analytical sample" or "medical sample" as the contents. Most people choose to use a pseudonym (fake name) and most countries post offices do NOT require ID when sending an international package. For customs value, choose either the amount of cash in the envelope or the equivalent of $40 USD.
- Make sure the tablet, paper, and payment are enclosed in the envelope and send it to the following address:
- Please do not send more than 1 tablet/capsule or 200 milligrams (one capsule) of loose material to the lab.
9700 Business Park Dr., Suite # 406
Sacramento, CA 95827