Send in a sample for lab testing
Ecstasy tablets (pressed tablets, not capsules with powder) can be sent to the lab with a $40 US Dollar co-pay in cash. All other ecstasy or research chemical samples must be sent with $100 testing fee. For phamaceutical tablets and herbal supplements the fee is $150 per sample. Samples are destroyed after testing and will not be returned.
- You will need: a padded envelope, a small crush-proof container (like bubble wrap, a film canister, or a small plastic bottle) that fits inside the envelope, a piece of paper, and money for the lab fee.
- Write "EcstasyData.org" at the top of the piece of paper. This is how the lab knows that the pill or sample is for our program.
- On the same piece of paper write the following information: The city and state where the pill/material was obtained; Approximate date of acquisition; What it was sold as and what you suspect it to be (if those differ); Names the pill is known by, if any (Crown, Dolphin, etc.). Please include the name that it was sold as and is known by in your area. Make up a random 5 digit code write it on the paper, for instance "31E24". Make note of your code. The code is not necessary, but some people are worried about their result being confused with others.
Location: Where the pill/sample was obtained. (city, state, country, online)
Date: When the pill/sample was obtained. (mm/dd/yy)
Sold As: What the sample was sold as or represented to be. (MDMA, Xanax, Molly, 25I, etc.)
Name: Name the pill/sample is known by or sold as ("Diamonds", "Purple Lady", "Molly", etc.)
Expected To Be: What you think the sample might contain (contaminants suspected, inactive, etc.)
Code: Unique 5-digit code you make up ("AA73Z", "Sac15", "AABB19", etc.)
Payment Included: Amount of money included with the sample. ($40, $100, $150)
- Only if you submit more than one sample in a week, Write Last Digit of Code on Sample Container: Use the last digit of your submission Code to differentiate the samples. Write the last digit on the baggie or vial that you put the sample in to make sure the lab can know for certain which sample is which.
- Determine the amount of payment: Pressed tablets sold as Ecstasy require a $40 payment. All other ecstasy or research chemical samples, including ecstasy in capsules, require a $100 payment. Pharmaceutical tablets and herbal supplements require a $150 payment. Payments must be in US Dollars (see the FAQ).
- Money orders can be used for anonymous payment and should be made out to "DDL".
- Personal checks are NOT accepted by the lab.
- Wrap the payment (US currency or money order ONLY) in this paper and put it in the padded envelope.
- Make the sample crush-proof. Insert cotton, tissue, or bubble wrap into the container to prevent the sample from shaking around and breaking during mailing. Capsules and crumbly tablets often fall apart in transit and are harder to measure and identify.
- For powders: The simplest option is to place the powder in a capsule. Please include at least 20 mg of material to make it easier for the lab technicians to handle. It can also be placed in a small plastic bag.
- International Submissions: See the FAQ. If required to fill out a customs form, indicate "analytical sample" or "medical sample" as the contents. Most people choose to use a pseudonym (fake name) and most countries post offices do NOT require ID when sending an international package. For customs value, choose either the amount of cash in the envelope or the equivalent of $40 USD.
- Make sure the tablet, paper, and payment are enclosed in the envelope and send it to the following address:
9700 Business Park Dr., Suite # 406
Sacramento, CA 95827
- Please do not send more than 1 tablet/capsule or 200 milligrams (one capsule) of loose material to the lab per "sample". Multiple paid samples can be included in a single envelope, but it is critical that you keep them isolated using plastic bags so they do not cross-contaminate each other.